Do You Think We Have "Active" Members?

Home Forums The Evolution Revolution Forums Evolution Revolution Forum Do You Think We Have "Active" Members?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Elvira Hauk 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Spiritual Annie

For All,

Neale sounded disappointed in one of his recent comments that an Awakening Day activity had only increased our membership by only a few.

Do you think our members understand that they are expected to be active, or do they just sign up to “belong” to the group?

Blessings,

Annie

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Spiritual Annie. Reason: HTML
    Anonymous

Annie, I think this is a really great (and important) question. Thank you! Frankly, no, I don’t think most of our members are active. I seriously doubt very many took part in Awakening Day on March 12th. I’m wondering if there might be a way to engage our members in a discussion about this? Perhaps send an email asking members to share in a specified forum here 1) if they are actively participating, and 2) if not, why not. Is it that they feel the actions we are taking will be ineffective? Is it that they feel fear around taking these actions? Or some other reasons? Maybe we could invite a discussion via an email blast and also on the Facebook page? Anyway, just my thoughts… I’m thinking if we can get some feedback, we might be able to address concerns with future actions. I’m curious what everyone else thinks, too.

Angelika
    Keymaster

Hi Hillary, should I delete the post and you write it anew?

Love and Peace
    Angelika

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Angelika.
    Spiritual Annie

First, thank you Penny and Hillary for replying so honestly. I haven’t asked in any “official” capacity, but between being part of the leadership team, reading what’s written here and at The Global Conversation, and then I also on the social media sites… well, I just started noticing the same names.

I know Neale has a lot of readers, and probably tons of Twitter and Facebook followers. I’m just not sure how many have even noticed the transition in Neale’s writings from what we can each come to understand individually, to needing to spread and teach that information beyond his loyal fans and followers, to taking an active part in a movement that means being willing to stand up and recognized.

I know when I signed up here, it was obvious to me that I was being asked to act, but is it possible that it’s not obvious to others? Or maybe it’s possible that people are thinking that their actions will be behind the scenes? I don’t know.

Sometimes it feels like there’s this missing “link ” that at least the people I’ve talked to aren’t getting. They say they’re already too busy, or they have their own problems to deal with, or they’re already at a  place where they feel defeated, like “what’s the use?” Then there’s the CwG material that could very well be the solution to the reasons they’re so busy, or have so many problems, or could give them something in which to find hope.

But there’s some kind of gap that makes it difficult for them to see, or maybe understand is a better term, that if enough people began to change their beliefs then the rest would start to get better.

And I’ve noticed people do not like talking about beliefs, religious or otherwise. Those who are OK with it are usually the ones who are convinced that they have already found what’s “right.” They might agree that something or someone needs to change, but it’s not them or what they believe. It’s that “other guy over there,” not them, right here and now.

I know it’s easy to pull together a poll, and usually easy to send out a mass email asking people to click on a  link to answer five or six multiple choice questions. Kept simple, most will do it. I had to do the research about it some years back.

I’m not sure if that’s what we need, or what we’d need to ask.

Hilary
    Participant

Angelika – yes, please do! Thank you 🙂

OneLove
    Participant

Hi. Yes, I think, we have active members. I know a few of them. Today we had a skype conference, it was great, to see each other. Neale said one day, we must strengthen each other. There are quite some different places, where to read and write, most of it in english, so to have a better overview, I made a “roadmap”; this is put in a word dokument, should be translated into english and maybe added to the websites…I made a few suggestions to Neale concerning to make it easier to register or to reach more people. I think, it is the time now, where those, who registered seriously, must find their way, how to bring themselves in.

Therefore we had the skype conference today, as the beginning of a regular appointment at the monthly AWAKENING DAY.  We can make a second appointment the 27th of a month, if we get too many, we just make up a second group and so we can be in personal exchange while living maybe far apart.

Futhermore i believe, it is important to have a vision. Everyone for himself, his own lifeplan, how he see himself, how he want to be, what he want to do, imagining, paradise is here already….get the feeling for it, thats the clou. Everybody tell that, every teacher says it. So I just do it. And it feels so great. Everybody can do it. Its just a matter of consequence and discipline, create the space everyday to think about, what you really want here to be!

I can recommend to make a movie, a movie how you would like to see live here, just so, as if everything is possible. Take the music you love and watch this film at least once per day…..

I would like very much to get in touch with the active members, its easy via skype, and why not have that as a regular date with the people who want to be part. Everybody can do that, its very simple.

Have a good night! Marion Johnson, coordinator message delivery

I think that in order for a person to become an “active” member of the Evolution Revolution, she or he has to know what being “active” looks like. In other words, what are we asking them to do? 

What we are seeking to do is produce a revolution in the way people are thinking and acting. This is done in two ways. (1) Getting people to sit down and start talking about what is going on in our world right now, what the causes of this may be…and what, if anything, could change our species’ dysfunctional behaviors; and (2) Spreading the word, far and wide, that there is A New Way to be Human, based on a New Cultural Story about Who We Are, Why We Are Here (that is, why humans are in physical form, and what the purpose of life is), Who and What God Is, and how our truth about God affects and impacts our day-to-day life on Earth.

Reduced to two simple sentences: (1) Talk about humanity’s problems. (2) Spread the word about the spiritual solution. This is what we are asking/inviting our members to do. 

WHAT THIS LOOKS LIKE:
(A) Create an Evolution Revolution Action Group in your community, inviting members to meet as often as they can to discuss the central idea of the EvoRevo. And what is that central idea? Members of the Evolution Revolution believe that the problem facing humanity collectively and the members of our species individually is not a political problem, it is not an economic problem, and it is not a military problem. It is a spiritual problem, and it can only be solved by spiritual means—meaning a revolution in the way we are thinking. About what? About Life, about God, about Ourselves and about Each Other.  

As part of the Action Group’s ongoing discussions, explore the ideas in GOD’S MESSAGE TO THE WORLD: You’ve Got Me All Wrong as the opening statement regarding the spiritual problem facing our species, followed by a deep examination of the concepts and proposals in The Storm Before the Calm, which offers striking, yet practical, ideas about solutions, and concluding with an ongoing examination of the new theology articulated in the Conversations with God series of books.

(B) Simultaneous with “A” above, generate specific outreach projects aimed at spreading the New Cultural Story of Who We Are and Why We Are Here throughout your community—and ultimately, throughout the world—based on the insights in the Conversations with God cosmology.

Now you may say that sitting around talking, and then actively spreading the word about what we believe, is hardly the stuff of which revolutions are made. But let me share something here from Margaret J. Wheatley, author of Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope to the Future (2002).

This is a globally known consultant on organizational behavior. She received her doctorate from Harvard University, holds an M.A. in systems thinking from New York University, and has worked on every inhabited continent in virtually every type of organization.

In other words, Meg Wheatley knows her way around. Here’s what she says:

“There is no more powerful way to initiate significant social change than to start a conversation.”

I couldn’t have paid her to say something better suited to make the point I’ve been making here. In a 2002 article in Utne Reader, Ms. Wheatley observes that “…true conversation is…a timeless and reliable way for humans to think together. Before there were classrooms, meetings or group facilitators, there were people sitting around talking.

“We can take courage from the fact that this is a process we all know how to do. We can also take courage in the fact that many people are longing to converse again. We are hungry for a chance to talk. People want to tell their stories, and are willing to listen to yours. We are awakening an ancient practice, a way of being gathered that all humans intimately understand.

“Change doesn’t happen from someone announcing the plan. Change begins from deep inside a system, when a few people notice something they will no longer tolerate, or when they respond to someone’s dream of what’s possible.”

That is precisely, to the letter, what the Evolution Revolution is all about.

Angelika
    Keymaster

Thank you, Neale. This is very helpful.

Linda
    Participant

I do. I see the map and see only a few in the Vancouver BC area. I know we have way more than that, and yes we have been taking part in all of the activities! Actually Neale was here awhile ago and I was excited to talk about evorevo. Neale did ask participants to write a note if they wanted him to speak on something, so I asked if he would say a few words about it as we are looking for members. I was disappointed that he didn’t even though he did see it when I handed it to him. Don’t get me wrong there were a 1000 reasons why he didn’t but it’s an example of the barriers. Well now that I’m on a rant (: I am wondering if the site might be somewhat clunky for some. I had to try a few times to get on the map (as an example). Never say die, there are at least 4 of us in our area and I will make a concentrated effort once again to get regular meetings going. Oh and by the way did anyone read my suggestion about attempting to partner with other like minded groups? I didn’t get a reply on that suggestion.

Angelika
    Keymaster

Dear Linda, please could you give us the link to your question or your comment that you mention above (“…so I asked if he would say a few words about it as we are looking for members..”) ? I don’t find it here on the website. Thank you very much.

Love and Peace, Angelika

Hilary
    Participant

Hello!

Neale, that is very helpful – thank you!

Linda, I haven’t seen your suggestion about partnering with like-minded groups, but I think it’s a great idea! When I looked at Meetup.com here in the Denver area, I found a surprisingly large number of local spiritual groups that embrace the same ideas that we are trying to share. I am trying to connect with some of these groups. I’m guessing other large cities have many groups as well. Even local mindfulness meditation groups might be a place to search? And Unitarian churches?

OneLove
    Participant

thank you Neale! I will try to get your answer translated for us germans. I think furthermore, your wish, to make us active ones or registered ones, think about an agenda for the next 12 months, is important!

I had my first circle last friday. 4 People on the spiritual way. 4 of them has read a book of you or tried to…..

I realised, it is much more productive to deal with people, which agree with your message instead of those, who cannot deal with it. So for my part, I start with those who like it, the 12th and the 27th skype conferences, the first one last month has been really great and so we strengthen us and the creative energy, how we can move forwards is wonderful.

We should also remember from CwG, what you wish, you will push it away because you feel the lack…..so it is important to feel, that we are in paradise already. Right around the clock. Those feelings have a huge impact…..

I think, we will be able to make your /our movement very attractive for everyone, even those, who did not read your books yet. I would like to reach everyone on the street who has a nice smile in his face. We are working on it Neale and you have a great team! Marion

Linda
    Participant

Hi again! Sorry it took me so long. Work things. I haven’t mentioned Neale before,this is the first, but I’m glad I did now, feel much better. I did though mention a partnership idea a few weeks ago here or maybe the Facebook page. I was looking at all the groups on FB wondering why we were so many but so separated just exactly the same as the world we are changing??? I would have no idea how to go about reaching out to them though. Thank you for allowing me to voice my frustration, you are kind!

Spiritual Annie

Neale,

As always, thank you for your guidance. I needed to see it spelled out as specific actions to take. I think that, in my situation, with my being housebound, I will also use Monica’s suggestion to use Skype, or maybe Google Hangouts as they have videoconferencing, as well.

I have decided that one way I hope to get people to start talking is a blog. If I get people commenting, then that can grow into a written forum or another online group.

I really like the changes that have been made to the website where one signs up to become a member. I think that will help, as well.

Much Love and Many Blessings ~Annie

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Avatar Spiritual Annie. Reason: Darn HTML showing up as text again!
    OneLove
    Participant

I have read CwG in 2011. I started “the storm before the calm” and I guess, I will just find some friends, who are willing to sit down once per week and study it together, talk about it and make plans, who we can together reach more friends. I cannot believe, that there are so many people out there, awake and open minded, ready for a change, that will not be willing to connect with us. I would like to see, how many of us are really interested, active, willing and Neale suggested in the “storm before the calm” telefon conference, that we could speak, maybe even skype once or twice per month. For me at least, it is much more lively to be able to see each other. I had 2 skype conferences as yet with some of the active members from Germany, may 12th and may 27th. I will continue with them and hope to get more into the conferences. We will also try to get some time on the online tv station like “concious tv” to inform about evorevo. Maybe even spiritual radios. There are so many possibilities! If we even create ONE action group here and put there all the plans, ideas, what can be done. And spread in the FB Groups, that there are things to be done for the ones which like to help. It takes very much time to look through all blogs, forum, FB groups, messages….So maybe I will just open a thread for action and place a few of my ideas and hope, they get company….Marion J.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This